BAM Nuttall is proud to announce a new partnership with UK government’s Northern Powerhouse Programme, joining hundreds of businesses, institutions and organisations sharing a passion for supporting growth in the North.
The Northern Powerhouse is the Government’s vision for a more prosperous North with better roads and railways, higher-performing schools, world-beating universities and well paid, sustainable jobs. The Partner Programme is an essential part of creating the Northern Powerhouse, building a network of partners who all believe in the economic potential of the North, and support collaborations by government and business to realise that potential and enhance people’s quality of life.
BAM Nuttall has a long history of collaboration and infrastructure delivery in the region – constructing Smart motorways on the M62 and M1 to improve highway capacity and building the Ordsall Chord which connects Manchester’s stations for the first time and increases train capacity across the north of England.
BAM is continuing our involvement in delivering modern infrastructure and sustainable solutions that are strengthening the region through the Trans Pennine Upgrade, west of Leeds, to Manchester Victoria. Our teams, based in offices in Newcastle, Warrington and Leeds – and on customers’ sites across the region, puts us right at the heart of enhancing the North. BAM Nuttall is proud to be playing a key role in the delivery of some flagship schemes improving lives in Northern England, including:
- Leeds City Council’s Public Transport Investment Programme, creating a well-connected, healthy city through enhancing public transport with park and ride hubs, major highway improvements, cycling infrastructure, and cleaner buses
- Network Rail’s regional Renewals and Enhancement Framework connecting cities and towns across the region, increasing capacity and reliability of train services for passengers
- Environment Agency’s Collaborative Delivery Framework, protecting hundreds of thousands of homes from the risk of flooding in Hull, Leeds, Calderdale and the North East
- Refurbishment of the New Islington Marina for Manchester City Council
- Supporting Northumberland County Council with technical engineering advice for the refurbishment of the 200 year old Union Chain Bridge, across the River Tweed near Berwick, spanning the border between England and Scotland.
Gareth Farrier, Divisional Director for North England and Scotland said:
“I can speak on behalf of all our teams, when I say we’re most excited by the opportunity this partnership brings to offer local people opportunities across a wide range of careers, including construction, engineering and business support roles.
“From apprentices to industry experts, safety managers and digital modellers, we encourage BAM people to develop their skills and experience – harnessing the home-grown talent the region has to offer. As these projects grow, so do the opportunities to recruit new people to join our teams.”
Like myself, BAM people feel a huge amount of pride and satisfaction being involved in developing and delivering sustainable solutions that are enhancing the lives of people living and working in their own communities.”
Minister for the Northern Powerhouse, Rt Hon Jake Berry MP, said:
“I am excited to announce that BAM Nuttall, one of Europe’s largest contractors, are joining our ever-growing network of over 300 Northern Powerhouse Partners.
“BAM’s reputation for delivering modern infrastructure with exceptional engineering complements the Government’s £3.4 billion investment from the Local Growth Fund to create a rapidly connected modern transport network fit for the 21st century.
“I look forward to working with BAM as they support our vision to level up Northern regions and prepare to seize all of the economic opportunities that come with the UK’s departure from the European Union.”